Monday, October 29, 2007

Unto the Least of These

Last night we had an impromptu foot washing ceremony. It was so precious!

As one of the women knelt before another woman and began to wash her feet, I saw how clearly we were only vessels administering God's loving touch and service to her.

It continued as one after another we knelt before our brethren to wash their feet. Oh! The depths of the humility of Christ! I'd never fully appreciated it before this very tangible experience of His love and humility for each person! I continued to feel strongly that we were only the vessels by which Christ was washing these folks feet!

And then, it was my turn. My turn to kneel before my precious sister and wash her feet. There was a slight change in my mode. Instead of just being a vessel....I had a picture come to mind of the woman who fell before Jesus and washed his feet with her hair and tears.

I looked at the dear feet before me, and I realized they were a member of the body of Christ. They were an extension of my Master!

Yes! I was a vessel for Him, and yet in reality I was also ministering and performing this service directly for my Master, because -

"...Verily I say unto you,
inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren,
ye have done it unto me."
Matthew 25:40b

No comments: